To make things easier, we started a new Blog with all the recipes in English. Take a look at:
Waffles with raisins (that you eat like a cookie)
10 cups of flour (you can also use gluten free if you are allergic!!!)
1 cup of margarine
1 table spoon oil
1 spoon light brown sugar
1,5 cups white sugar
2 packets of yeast
1 cup of raisins (or more if desired)
1. melt the butter and add oil
2. put yeast in a little bit of water to dissolve
3. add sugar to butter mix
4. add eggs one by one
5. add flour
6. add yeast
7. mix everything very well together and fold in the raisins
8. let stand for about 20 minutes in warm place
Belgian Waffles with BEER
2 cups of flour
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 vanille stick
1/2 spoon oil
200 ml or about 1 cup of milk
1 package of yeast
300 ml beer (of course it is best to take Belgian beer, but any pils will do)
1. Warm milk with vanilla and add yeast
2. add sugar, beer, oil and egg yolks
3. add the flour and melted butter
4. beat egg whites until stiff and fold under the batter
5. put a cover on the pot and put in fridge for about 1 hour
6. bake in hot waffle maker with large holes!
7. Serve warm!!!!!
Belgian Waffles from Brussels!
These are for eating WARM and can be used for breakfast. You can also bake them and keep them in container for next days. Then you just can put them in toaster to heat them up. It is a very quick, easy recipe since you don't have to beat egg whites or anything....
10 cups of flour
1 packet of dry yeast
2 sticks of butter
4 cups of milk
4 1/4 cups SPARKLING water
1 large spoon of sugar (white or brown)
1. Heat the milk
2. let the butter melt and mix with the milk
3. add the sparking water
4. add the eggs one by one and mix well under batter
5. add flour and mix well
6. add sugar
7. add yeast
8. mix well
9. let stand for 30 minutes in warm place
10. Bake in WARM waffle maker.
2 cups of flour
1 or 2 eggs
2 cups of milk
4 spoons of sugar
1. Put flour in bowl
2. make a hole-put eggs and sugar in
3. add milk and stir until fluid
4. take baking pan and put a little butter in it, when butter is melted, take a little bit of dough (you don't want thick pancakes) and let it bake golden brown.
Note: it is important for the baking pan to be hot before you start baking!
Real Belgian Waffles!
4 cups of self rising flour (or if you use normal flour, you can add a bit of baking powder)
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sparkling water
2 spoons brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
1. Put flour in big container
2. add egg yolks
3. add milk
4. add water
5. beat egg whites until stiff and fold under batter
6. put brown sugar in oil and mix under batter
Bake in hot waffle maker and put .sugar on top and/or fruit. We usually use flour sugar or brown sugar, but you can also use syrup. A bit of whipped cream on top of the fruit is HEAVENLY!
Waffles that you eat like cookies
10 cups of flour
3 cups of fine white sugar
3/4 cup of cold water
1/3 cup baking powder
1. Melt the butter and the sugar
2. add baking powder and flour
3. add egg yolks
4. add the cold water
5. beat the egg whites until stiff
6. fold the egg whites under the batter gently
7. bake in a hot waffle maker!
You can make at least 30 waffles with this and keep them for more then a week in a closed container.
No need to add sugar or warm them, just eat them like a cookie!